What we're looking for
Mundi Ventures is seeking a new analyst or associate to join our investment team. As an analyst or associate (depending on experience), you’ll source new investments and work closely with our investment director/principals on the full lifecycle of the investment process.
Candidates should be excited to do rigorous, structured, and creative analysis of startups and trends in insurtech. To succeed in the role, the candidate needs to be organized, able to context-switch effectively, have extreme attention to detail, and most importantly, be a first-principles analytical thinker who can synthesize and clearly communicate their ideas and analysis.
We’re a small team and this is an opportunity to have outsize impact as an early-career investor.
The position is based in Madrid or Barcelona.
This role will:
- Source and generate new investment opportunities
- Meet entrepreneurs/founders, often as their first in-depth exposure to Mundi Ventures, where you will sell our value as an investor and give them a great first contact experience
- Identify and communicate promising opportunities to move forward in the internal investment process
- Work closely to support investment team members on the full lifecycle of making investments: conducting diligence, making investment recommendations, and helping the portfolio
- Develop a prepared mind about insurtech through deep research and market mapping
- Synthesize investment research and supporting recommendations via written investment memos and/or presentations
Candidates need to show potential for, or demonstrate examples of:
- 2-4+ years of professional experience, preferably in venture capital, private equity, consulting, investment banking, corporate development, or a similar area with strong finance background
- High EQ and ability to build and cultivate a network of long-term relationships
- Concise and effective communication
- Ability to quickly synthesize complex, disparate, and incomplete sources of information to form a point of view
- History of operating with high integrity and thoughtful discretion
- Intellectual curiosity to embrace new ideas and push our thinking through rigorous and structured processes
- Scrappiness; a team player willing to roll up sleeves to get stuff done
- High initiative in prior activities or demonstrated history of being an ‘owner’
- Extreme attention to detail, with ability to switch contexts gracefully
- Comfort operating independently at a high level
- Fluent English language proficiency
- Authorization to work in Spain now and in the future
Extra points if you have:
- Ability to evaluate highly technical ventures
- Deep understanding and passion for insurtech
- Strong/unique network in insurance/insurtech that draws talent or investment opportunities
- Experience analyzing investment opportunities (in venture or otherwise)
- Second (or third) language
About Mundi Ventures
Mundi Ventures is a Madrid-based venture capital firm focused on insurance technology. We invest globally, specializing in early stage companies disrupting the insurance industry. Mundi Ventures was founded in 2015 and has backed 60+ companies, with the long term goal of helping individuals, businesses, and society manage an increasingly risky world through insurance.
Mundi Ventures aims to be the global reference for insurtech.
We believe that by partnering with founders who rethink, retool, and reallocate risk, we can accelerate insurance solutions that benefit individuals, businesses, and society. We are focused on insurance and insurance-adjacent ventures, and believe technology is integral in building tomorrow’s insurance solutions. We’re growing our team to help realize this vision.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits including:
- Private health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Generous paid time off / sick leave
- Flexible work schedule
- Annual company retreat
- Offices in an art gallery (in Madrid), or blocks from Gaudi buildings on Passeig de Gracia (in Barcelona).
How to Apply
Apply below, or find the same form linked here.